AREVA India operations
AREVA's activities are organized into five Business Groups:
- Mines groups the uranium mines exploration and operation activities.
- The Front End converts and enriches the uranium and designs the fuel for the nuclear reactors.
- Reactors and Services groups the activities of design and construction of nuclear reactors and propulsion and research reactors, and the activities of maintenance of the nuclear power plants.
- The Back End recycles the used fuel and provides transport, clean-up and dismantling services.
- Renewable Energy develops wind energy, bioenergy, solar power and hydrogen power solutions.
AREVA was the first foreign company chosen by the Indian government to supply uranium foreign-origin uranium.
Reactors & Services
AREVA has been selected by Nuclear Power Corporation of India for the construction of two EPR™ reactors, the first of a series of 6, at Jaitapur.
AREVA Solar is building a 250 MWe concentrated solar power (CSP) installation for Reliance Power Limited in India, the largest in all of Asia.
AREVA offers full turnkey biomass power plants to customers in India and Southeast Asia from its engineering and manufacturing setup in Chennai.
Offshore wind activities
AREVA's offshore wind business has been offering a comprehensive offering since 2004 and is one of the top three players in Europe.